Amritsar 1 Day Tour
Get List of Amritsar's Famous & Delicious Food Items
Amritsar Special Food
- Punjabi Thali:- Thali at Punjabi Dhaba consisting of Dal makhani, Palak Paneer and lachha parantha at 100 year old punjabi restaurant.
- Phirni:- Rice pudding cooked with saffron with silver foil on the top with pistachios sprinkled on it.
- Kulcha:- Kulcha is the traditional amritsari breakfast. Its basically a naan stuffed with vegetables served with butter, chickpea curry and tamarind onion sauce.
- Jalebi:- Crispy Jalebis: Jalebi is made by frying wheat flour dough in ghee. The fried crisps are dipped in sugar syrup.
- Paneer Bhurji:- Paneer is indian cheese and bhurji is the hindi word for Scrambled. Paneer Bhurji is scrambled indian cheese cooked in butter and spices. Served with sweet tamarind and mint sauce.
- Lassi:- Lassi is a yogurt drink. In punjab, lassi is served with some cream and a chunk of butter on the top.
- Aloo Tikki:- Aloo is the hindi word for potatoes and tikki means croquette. Aloo Tikki is basically fried boiled potato croquette cooked in spices. Served with sweet tamarind and mint sauce.
- Bhalla Papdi Chat:- Bhalli Papdi Chat is a mixture of crisps, soaked lentils dough ball in Sweet tamarind sauce and yogurt.
- Faaluda Kulfi:- Faaluda is a drink made of vermicilli, tree gum, condensed milk and ice. Kulfi means icecream. Faaluda kulfi is a mixture of these two.
- Rasmalai:- The name Ras Malai comes from two parts in Hindi: "Ras" meaning "juice" and "Malai", meaning "cream". It has been described "as a rich cheesecake without a crust.
- Gur Ka Halwa: Wheat flour fried in ghee and jaggery cooked with raisins and nuts.
- Samosa and kachori: Pastries made by stuffing potatoes and lentils paste.
- Gulaab Jamun: Condensed milk and wheat flour dough balls fried in ghee and dipped in sugar syrup.
- Chai: The best chai in the city.